threes for africa

My goal for April 28 - May 5 is to make 1000 three pointers to raise enough money to buy a Goalsetter basketball hoop for the kids in Sierra Leone, Africa. I have been shooting a lot in the last month and I think I can do it.

Donations

If you would like to donate money, you can send it to my address: 1200 Washington Street, Pella, IA 50219

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sorry I didn't get the chart up. we still haven't gotten all the donations yet. Special thanks to Sports Page for paying for shipping and handling. Thursday my dad told me that Kyle Korver wanted to meet me and was going to by the kids at the covering orphanage two hoops to add on to my two. He is also going to sell a line of clothing and all the proceeds go to the orphanage. I was really excited.

1 comment:

Jeff Clement said...

Hi Kobe,

I read Keeler's article in the Register yesterday. As a former hoops player at Grinnell College I have a particular fascination for the 3-point shot and what you've accomplished. That said, I (and our family) have an even greater appreciation for your philanthropic heart. I'm hopeful you're still taking donations...our check is in the mail. Congrats, and we wish you much success...just take it easy against the Tigers!

Jeff Clement (and family)