threes for africa

My goal for April 28 - May 5 is to make 1000 three pointers to raise enough money to buy a Goalsetter basketball hoop for the kids in Sierra Leone, Africa. I have been shooting a lot in the last month and I think I can do it.

Donations

If you would like to donate money, you can send it to my address: 1200 Washington Street, Pella, IA 50219

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

After school my dad picked me up and brought me to Central. I had 850 before I started. When I had about 100 done my mom and sister surprised me and came to watch me make the last shot. I started off trying to make a halfcourt shot but that was taking me to long. I ended up making one about 4 feet out of the three point line. It feels really good to be done but my shoulders hurt pretty bad. I have over 40 sponsors. I will put in a list of all the sponsors and how much they donated tomorrow. I will also try to get the total amount of money donated.

Also, I figured out the comments. you should be able to post one now



Shot Number 1000!

4 comments:

Diers said...

Kobe,
I am so PROUD of you! I hope you have inspired others to just take an idea to help others and run with it! A verse I read today, "Blessed be the Lord who has given rest to his people!" 1 Kings 8:56 Might you find some rest today!!! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kobe!!
Way Cool !!! Hard work and dedication means only bigger and better things are to come.

Uncle Bill

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kobe!!!! We are SO proud of you!!! You are a true inspiration! Jackson thought it was so cool...we watched your video over and over! I have shared your journey with the kids at Back Creek that you went to kindergarten with! They were super excited!!! I sent a check today and you should get it by the end of the week!!! Your passion and love for the kids of The Covering shows in your dedication to continue to shoot and make your goal! The kids will really feel God's love by your act of kindness!
Love from North Carolina...Scott, Kim, Jackson and Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hooo Kobe!!!! Andrew and I are so proud of this great idea and accomplishment. I can't wait to see the photo's of the kids getting the goal. They are going to LOVE it! Also, thanks to you and your family for praying for me on this last trip. I was only sick for one day and the next day I was back in action, so thanks for that. I am looking forward to hopefully getting to meet you guys eventually. Congrats on the goal!
Heather Sisco